Wednesday 31 May 2006
Formula G1 – a very fast racing game.
It’s big, it’s heavy, it’s wood
YouTube is not good for productivity.
Banned cartoon collection
1930s and 1940s banned cartoons – some of which are truly offensive, others only mildly so – but only when judged by today’s standards. Back then, it was an entirely normal reflection of current societal norms. Includes Coal Black an’ de Sebben Dwarfs.
Monday 29 May 2006
I’ve really been neglecting you readers lately, haven’t I? Umm, well, sorry. But hey, I’ve been somewhat busy lately:
- Last weekend: up to Stafford with Tom to spend the weekend with Jo and Bob. Excellent time had by all.
- Last weekend and this week: much concern about SiL, who has been really quite unwell. But she seems to be making a steady recovery, which is good.
- Tuesday: an all-day meeting with my New Zealand sub-agent, who is in the country at the moment.
- Wednesday: a day out with H to the Chelsea Flower Show. We dressed in our finest summer clothes and were subjected to repeated heavy showers, with the result that we looked like a pair of muddy drowned rats. But it was worth it. Not sure that it is worth paying £35 a head to get in, though, particularly when you have to sit on the floor to eat your sandwiches and drink your tea because the catering facilities are so inadequate. They were absolutely awful when I last went ten years ago and have only improved marginally.
- Thursday: catching up in the office.
- Friday: to Chichester for a haircut and to distribute publicity materials for my event coming up at West Dean at the end of June.
- Saturday: Charlie and the Peet came for lunch – a thoroughly relaxing and wine-filled event.
- yesterday: up early to go to Heathrow to meet some American colleagues of their plane, collect plants, deliver them to a nursery near my parents and then join my parents for Sunday lunch and some plant talk.
- today: dozy sleeping and much talk of "we really should go for a walk" and "the lawn needs mowing" or "I really must start on the front garden", but it’s chucking down with rain (between burst of intense hot sunshine) – that’s my excuse, anyway.
There are many, many things that I really should find time to write about, but I’m not sure when that will happen. If you’re very lucky, I’ll provide you with some photos, as a picture is worth a thousand words (or several thousand, if your usualy verbage is as poor as that which generally graces these pages).
Tuesday 23 May 2006
…just very busy. More soon.